Most people think about the trick, treats, booze, spooks, decorations, costumes, etc. before Halloween. But, I can’t think like normal people. I don’t know if it is a blessing or a curse.
When most people are busy planning celebrations, I’m thinking about the ways to make money before heading into the season of spookiness.
Recently, I was checking out a report released by GoBankingRates in 2014. As per that report, the biggest fears of the people are:
- Living paycheck to paycheck
- Getting into debt problems
- Living without any home
If you ask me, my biggest fear is getting into debt problems post-holiday season. And, this fear forces me to make as much money as possible before heading into the festive season.
Here are a few tricks you can use to make money. You can use this to shop, party, eat, do anything you want.
- Look for a new employer: Switch to a better job since you have leverage. You can negotiate with the new company for a big hike. You have nothing to lose if the company doesn’t agree to give you a big hike. You can tell your present boss about the new offer. Who knows, your current employer may agree to give you a promotion or a hike.
- Work after getting back to home: You know what is the best part of freelancing? You can get paid more than full-time work. You can ask your former colleague for freelance gigs. If you have a blog, then try to get Google ads and affiliate links. This would fetch you a good amount every month without any hard work.
- Teach students: You can teach students with less knowledge in a particular subject and earn money. You can tell about your interest in teaching to students, parents and even schools.
- Work as a temp: Lots of offices require temporary employees. You can know about these jobs/local listings from the online job portals.
- Capitalize your culinary skills: Do you cook as good as me? Jus kidding! If your friends love the food you cook, then you have a chance to earn extra money with KitchenSurfing.
- Be a dog walker in the weekend: Usually, I don’t have time to take dogs for a walk. But, if you love dogs or pets, then you ask your neighbors if they need a dog walker in weekends. You can also register on dog walking websites and post your services.
There are lots of ways to earn money. You just need to have the drive to earn money. You can wash cars, clean homes, work as a bartender, etc. Make sure you don’t spend the money as soon as you earn. Rather, save it for the festive season.