“You’re a completely a daddy’s girl, Stacy” – This is what my mom says whenever my parents are in between a heated argument and I’m called upon to declare the person who is at fault. Usually, I always take the side of my dad since he is a softie and utterly gullible. My mom is a fighter and usually is correct. So, naturally her temper rises and breaks down into tears:(. Sorry mom!!! I love you too.
Well, enough of my family drama. Now, let us go straight to the topic and that is Father’s Day that comes a month after Mother’s Day. Frankly speaking, I have no problem in buying the perfect gift for my mom. But when it comes to buying a gift for my dad, hell breaks loose on me. Really! Every year I wonder what to buy for my dad. I mean the choice is so limited for guys!!! 🙁
This year I’m all set. I have done my homework and come up with a list of cool yet budget-friendly gifts for my dad. I am sharing the list with you guys. If you like any gift, then buy it and surprise your dad on June 21, 2015.
Cool yet budget-friendly gifts for dad
Here goes my list. Just check it out guys.
1. 3-in-1 barbeque tool: My dad loves to eat grilled chicken or fish during the warm summer nights. So, I’m planning to gift a 3-in-1 barbecue tool. He can use this tool as spatula, tongs and a fork at the same time. A nice gift for a foodie. What do you say?
2. Shaving kit: Shaving is a huge botheration for my dad. After his retirement, he shaves only twice a week. So, this year I have decided to do something to change his routine. I’ll give him a shaving kit which will have pre-shave oil, after-shave lotion, shaving cream, shaving brush, etc.
3. Spice rubs: This works like a miracle. It enhances the taste of grilled dishes with minimum effort. All you need to do is rub the spices in fish or steak before grilling it. The result will be a plate of yummy grilled dishes. Oh god! My mouth is already salivating.
4. Beer making kit: I know my dad will love me even more after receiving this gift. The kit will have everything that is required to make a gallon of beer. The only thing my dad will need is a few bottles. I will buy those things too. There won’t be any scope of complaint.
5. Beer scented soap bars: Who said beer is only for drinking? Beer is like water. You can use it for variety of purposes: for cleaning your hair (beer shampoo), for washing your body (beer soaps), etc. This year, you can upgrade your dad’s bathing kit with a beer scented soap. The anti-inflammatory powers will make his skin glow.
Last but not the least,
If you’re ready to splurge a little bit, then you can gift a Kindle Paperwhite. This gift will be perfect if your dad loves to read. Paperwhite is basically for the e-readers with a built-in backlight that helps them to easily read in darkness also. The no-glare e-ink display makes it very easy to read the text without any effort during day too. It’ll cost you around $119.
A few words for my dad
I don’t know if you’d have time for read this blog. But, if you’d do, then just let me tell that you’re the best dad in the world. You’re my Superman, chef and unofficial bug-killer. I love you. Keep tolerating me like you do and please give me a nice present on my birthday. 😛 Oops!!!
So, this was my cheat sheet for the Father’s Day. Do you have any other idea? If yes, then please do share it with me guys. May be I can find a better gift for my dad.