“Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle”
The sun is shining in its full glory and now is the best time to flaunt your beautiful floral dresses and enjoy all the seasonal fruits. But summer can be brutal too. Hot winds can make your skin dull and rough. The harsh weather tans your fair skin and clogs your open pores due to excessive sweating together with grime and dust.
I dread summer mainly because my skin gets tanned easily. It’s very tough to remove that ugly tan. Trust me. We should follow a proper summer skin care routine to avoid making frequent trips to salon later.
Salon trips are quite expensive, and you know how I hate to waste money. So I have compiled a list of inexpensive beauty tips we can use to have a glowing skin in the summer. So far, they have worked for me. I guess, these summer beauty tips will work for you too.
Money-saving beauty tips for perfect summer skin car
1. Drink lots of water: Water keeps your skin hydrated, soft, and clear. Drink lots of water, fresh juices, buttermilk, and coconut water to flush out the harmful toxins from your body. Green tea is very good for skin. It eliminates dead skin cells and various types of skin disorders. Buy green tea in bulk to get attractive discounts.
2. Use a homemade face mask: Mix yogurt, honey, and aloe gel in a tub. Make a smooth paste and apply it all over your face. It helps to soothe a sunburn. Put a slice of cucumber on your eyes. Rinse your face with green tea to calm your skin.
3. Use a big hat: You know why I love hats? It’s because hats have loads of benefits. Big hats are quite stylish. They change the way you look. Remember Kate Winslet’s look in Titanic? Her first scene in the movie? Didn’t she look gorgeous?
Apart from being a stylish accessory, a hat helps to protect your skin from the scorching sun rays. Wear a hat to avoid uneven skin tone, discoloration, big sun spots, and serious skin disorders. You can use an umbrella to avoid sun rays if you don’t like to wear big hats.
4. Exfoliate your skin: Exfoliation is mandatory in summer. It keeps your skin smooth and flawless. Use an exfoliating sponge or sugar body scrub to remove the dead skin from the body. You can also make a homemade exfoliating face scrub with lemon, olive oil, sugar, and honey. Apply it all over your face. Wash it after 15 minutes.
Don’t forget to moisturize your skin after exfoliation. Apply cool aloe gel on your face followed by a good cream.
5. Use tomatoes: Open pores become a huge problem in summer. Keep a few slices of raw tomatoes in the freezer. Place those cold tomatoes on the open pores and let your skin absorb the juices. Rub tomatoes gently into the skin and experience the tautness. You will see that the open pores shrink quickly.
6. Use coconut oil: Coconut oil is an excellent makeup remover. Moreover, it’s cheaper than a commercial makeup remover. If you want to remove the sunscreen or makeup from your face, just rub coconut oil into your face. Your makeup will be gone within a few minutes.
7. Exercise every day: Exercise helps to release toxins from your body and gives you a glowing skin. Do simple exercises in the morning to stay fresh. If you don’t want to work out, walk regularly. You’ll lose extra pounds, have more energy, and get a beautiful skin.
8. Apply strawberry: You can easily get it in your freezer. Cut a strawberry into small pieces. Poke the flesh with a fork so that you can easily get the juices and apply them all over your face in small circles. Rinse off after 2 minutes. This helps to reduce sun spots over time.
I hope you liked my summer tips for the skin. Do let me know your feedback. If you have any other money-saving beauty tips for summer, share them with us.