2016 has finally arrived and kicked out 2015 with triumph. I am so utterly relieved now. Last year was a complete disaster for me. The only positive thing that happened was my blog. I could finally start my blog and connect with you all. Thanks a bunch God!
Okay. Let’s forget 2015. That’s past. Now, it’s time to focus on our future – 2016. The beginning of the year is the perfect time to set your financial priorities and goal. Here’s a checklist to help you decide your financial to-dos.
- Pay back your unhappy and grumbling creditors within the first 6 months of 2016
- Consult a tax consultant and file your income tax returns
- Review your insurance coverage and the amount you’re paying on premiums
- Use your year-end bonus for the holiday shopping budget
- Increase your income since cost of living is increasing
- Set up automatic savings account to boost your emergency fund
- Review your beneficiaries in your insurance plans
- Review all the tax law changes in 2016
- Increase your contribution amount for your retirement savings plans
- Save money for your kids’ higher education
- Check your credit reports and fix all the errors
- Don’t repeat the financial mistakes you did in 2015
So, this is my financial checklist for 2016. Did I miss out anything? If yes, then please do let me know about it.